[Freelance] Marketplace Listing Photographer
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Beautiful photography is essential to success at Airbnb. Professional photos help our guests visualize Airbnb’s unique spaces and help our hosts showcase their listings. Airbnb loves photography that captures homes in a natural way. The goal of our photography is to set correct expectations for our guests, rather than make the home appear brighter or larger than reality.
We’re looking for photographers worldwide who have a passion for storytelling, a customer service mentality, and are focused on providing the highest quality photography. Photographers with backgrounds in interior, architectural, and editorial photography are strongly preferred. However, we will consider applicants with portfolios that display fluency in composition, lighting, and technique.
The photography team at Airbnb has developed an in-depth set of style guidelines for our listing photography so that hosts all around the world can expect the same exceptional style and quality from every photographer. To ensure that you can adapt to our distinct style, you will be required to submit a test shoot for review by our photo editors, regardless of your level of experience.
Photographers are retained as independent freelancers and cover assignments within a 30-mile radius from their home location. Please note this is not a traveling position. As freelancers, photographers are permitted to take on assignments from non-competing clients. Freelancers will not be engaged as employees, and will not be eligible for Airbnb employee compensation or benefits. You will be expected to work independently and manage your own time.
- Partner with Airbnb hosts to schedule and photograph assigned listings
- Photograph interiors, exteriors, unique details and environmental portraits
- Provide minimal interior styling during the photo shoot
- Upload RAW images to our website
- Regular email communication with our San Francisco-based photography team
- An online portfolio of photography work featuring interior/architectural/editorial work. Instagram or Facebook "portfolios" will NOT be considered, please send a professional link to your online work.
- Camera: Professional-grade DSLR/Mirrorless camera with Full-frame (or APS-C sensor with 10-12mm lens) & resolution of 16+mp
- Lens: Ultra-wide zoom with a focal length range that includes 16-24mm (Full-frame) 10-12mm (APS-C). 35-50mm optional but encouraged
- Tripod: Professional-grade
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Internet connection suitable for uploading high resolution files
- Availability to take on assignments in your local market
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with our host community and photography team
- Well-organized, with an attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Receptive and accommodating to constructive feedback from our photo editors
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and embrace the adventure!