Global Search Engine Marketing Lead
San Francisco, United States
The Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of Marketing, Engineering and Data Science. Our work is vital to growing both the Airbnb community and the top line business growth for the company. We’re looking for an exceptional leader to oversee our Global Search Engine Marketing team (SEM). Your deep knowledge of SEM and your data-lead decision making will inform our strategy and drive innovation for one of Airbnb’s largest acquisition channels. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment and has a proven record of meeting or exceeding aggressive growth targets. Equally important to be successful in this role is a strong background in people management and a desire to invest in and grow the careers of our diverse and tenured growth marketers.
The Global SEM Lead is a thought partner for other functional leads and business partners across Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance. This role is crucial as the Growth Marketing team expands to support multiple business units and stakeholders. This role is based in San Francisco, managing a team of 10 with hyper-growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy: Set the vision and strategy for our Global SEM program. Consistently seek out opportunities to drive growth and improve the efficiency and scale of the program. Set a tone of innovation within the team, relying on analytics to develop and test hypotheses, and scale wins quickly. Well-honed written communication and presentation skills and experience working directly with C-level executives.
- Collaboration: Be the voice of the business while partnering with engineering, product and data science leadership to build best-in-class infrastructure and ad tech to support the goals of SEM program. Work closely with business stakeholders outside of Growth to develop SEM-specific strategies to support company-wide big bets. Oversee vendor relationships across various global and local search engines and agencies.
- Leadership: Build and lead a global team of experienced performance marketers responsible for our acquisition program across multiple search engines and business objectives. Create an environment that empowers marketers to do their best work with access to best-in-class analytics and technology. Your team is excited to come to work everyday.
- Accountability: Manage a budget of $XXXm driving billions of dollars in bookings per year while hitting key business growth objectives. Partner with regional stakeholders to ensure that regional strategies support overall business objectives.
- Technical Rigor: Deep understanding of ad tech (in house and third party), tracking, measurement, attribution and experimentation.
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of experience managing complex, multi-million dollar SEM programs; a minimum of 3-5 years managing a team of 5 or more.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to build, motivate and lead team members to achieve both business results and career growth.
- Experience navigating ambiguity - developing effective processes and alignment that can adapt to a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
- Experience leading teams at high-growth startups or global travel brands a plus.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies/time zones
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexbile Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner