Product Manager, Payments Transactions
San Francisco, United States
At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organization has five programs:
- Payments platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value,
- Commerce platform - fueling growth for our business,
- Compliance & Ops - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
- Foundation - scaling our systems and infrastructure, and
- Professional Services - ensuring strategic alignment with our business customers.
This role is in our Payments platform program. The Transactions PM will be responsible for our core ledger. You’ll build and scale the services that ensure accurate recording of every transaction that flows through our services, through the entire transaction lifecycle. You’ll create the core services that store and track account balances, which will power our stored value program.
- 3+ years building payments or financial products in a product management role
- Direct experience building products for developers by developers
- Technical background - five or more years experience as an engineer
- Deep understanding of the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Global perspective - experience with global payment methods outside of credit cards
- Successfully scaled platform products