Project Manager, New Product Development
San Francisco, United States
Samara is an experimental product development team at Airbnb exploring the future of human connection, building products and services that bring us closer to each other and with ourselves. We work closely with Airbnb, but operate more experimentally with the intention to push cultural and technological boundaries.
The Program Manager will own the organization of Samara’s cross-functional development efforts for Backyard project. The Program Manager will be responsible for creating development schedules and keeping the team on-track, identifying dependencies and vulnerabilities in the plans. This role will be expected to regularly meet with stakeholders across all teams to organize, cohere and update their development timelines.
- Work with cross-functional leaders across product, business strategy, design, and engineering to identify dependencies between multiple workflow.
- Set up new processes and software tools to streamline project management.
- Create and maintain multiple project schedules.
- Report and present to management on project status and schedules.
- Promote project management best-practices throughout the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, management or similar discipline and 10+ years of program / project management of cross-functional teams in new product development.
- Previous experience with hardware development.
- Strong experience with project management software (Jira, Wrike, Trello etc.)
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members.
- Excellent organizational, management, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.