Product Design Manager, Backyard
San Francisco, United States
ABOUT THE TEAM
Samara is an experimental product development team at Airbnb. Backyard is an initiative to prototype new ways that homes can be built and shared, guided by an ambition to realize more humanistic, future-oriented, and waste-conscious design. It investigates how buildings could utilize sophisticated manufacturing techniques, smart-home technologies, and vast insight from the Airbnb community to thoughtfully respond to changing owner or occupant needs over time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a creative leader who will shape and build the digital experience of Backyard and its adjacent services. The Product Design Manager will work closely with Samara’s cross-functional leaders to define product strategy and vision while growing a team of designers and engineers focused on building groundbreaking, beautiful user experiences.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a delightful, thoughtful, and unique ordering and delivery experience for a groundbreaking new product
- Deliver solutions that set new standards in customer-centric service design
- Align design, engineering, research, business, and marketing strategy teams around a clear vision and value proposition
- Grow a collaborative team of engineers, designers, and data scientists
- Create product roadmaps and define key metrics to measure product success and health
- 5 years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience leading the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Experience with complex design systems
- Experience with creating wireframe concepts
- Ability to holistically combine online and offline experiences
- Proven ability to take projects from concept to market
- Experience with product testing, metrics definition and monitoring
- Sensitive to qualities of great design, with incredible taste
- Ability to articulate both tangible and intangible value of products and services
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members.
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail