Data Scientist- Inference, Lux
New York, United States
The Lux Team is focused on offering transformative end-to-end trips through elevated homes, personalization & world class service. We're re-imagining the luxury space, and deciding how Luxury Retreats and Airbnb can join forces to create the best luxury travel experience possible.
As a Data Scientist on Lux, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most. You will influence new changes to the product through proactive exploration of the data, and frame your recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions you have made and the rigor employed in the analysis. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers and product managers and leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure.
To continue our rapid growth, we want to take a scientific approach to decision-making through careful hypothesis generation and testing and drive actions/refine strategies through insights from experimental analysis. Our Inference Data Scientists are deep in understanding the complications of running experiments in a two-sided marketplace, power analysis and stopping criterions, and statistical models to improve power/significance. Another interesting problem space is understanding what to do when we are unable to conduct experiments. We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team and expand upon the work we have done. To learn more, read about our Inference Data Science work:
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- A passion for Airbnb’s mission of helping people Belong Anywhere
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
- 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field; PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of product analytics & experimentation is a plus
- Solid knowledge of statistics and a keen eye for detail
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
- Guest Growth related experience is a plus
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexbile Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch