Data Science Manager, Trust
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Trust team delivers solutions to enhance trust and safety on Airbnb’s platform and offline. How do we identify and fight fraudulent activities without introducing frictions to the vast majority of the good users in our community? What framework do we use to operationalize and optimize our defense system? How do we balance privacy, security, and user experience? Hundreds of talented people are working on solving these hard but meaningful problems everyday to build a trusting community.
We are looking for a proven data analytics leader to lead a sizable team of data scientists to enhance data-driven decision cycle with operations teams, and work with product and engineers to create various tooling enhancement to boost operational efficiency and quality. You also get to define cutting edge experimentations and analytics to quantify impact and returns of trust operations.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to lead a sizable team to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
- 8+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- 5+ years of management experience in analytics/data science;
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in one of the analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Background in statistics and experimentation or acquired knowledge in this area.
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Experience in Operations Research, Optimization, or Operational Analysis is a plus
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status