Data Science Manager, Latin America
Mexico City, Mexico or
Miami, United States or
São Paulo, Brazil
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
As our business expands, we are seeking an experienced leader to guide our data initiatives in the Latin America region. In this role, you will partner with our Latin America leadership team to ensure that our regional strategy is data-informed. You will have tremendous scope to work with partners from operations, marketing, product, sales, and finance, as well other data scientists to drive the strategy of one of the largest region in the travel industry.
If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring consistent and reliable data access across countries in the region
- Performing deep dives into business performance
- Partnering with and supporting other data teams (esp in SF) on their Latin America deep dives
- Proactively identifying and sizing business opportunities and growth drivers
- Training and mentoring other data scientists and analysts in the region -- at scale (as many will not be in the same physical location)
- Partnering with the Latin America leadership team to drive strategy
- 6+ years industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field; PhD a plus
- 3+ years of management experience, with proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- A “business owner” mindset, with a keen interest in strategy and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- R/Python; SQL/Hive
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Building data pipelines
- Descriptive and predictive modeling
- Implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports