San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities to find creative, practical and cutting-edge solutions that advance Airbnb’s global mission.
We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney to join our rapidly growing Risk + Regulatory Team. This position will report to the Senior Counsel, Litigation, and be part of a growing team of litigation lawyers and paralegals located in San Francisco and Portland. This job is for you if you enjoy ambiguity, love working on complex legal and social issues, and believe that a company can change the world by encouraging immersive travel. You work well with business people, you have an upbeat positive attitude, love to laugh and shy away from drama. You have specific experience with regulatory litigation in the e-commerce space, commercial disputes, and consumer legal issues.
- Active and strategic management of a diverse range of complex litigation and pre-litigation matters in numerous jurisdictions
- Hands-on advice and counsel to various internal clients to proactively address and resolve potential disputes while both mitigating risk and supporting business objectives
- Collaboration with outside counsel to successfully, efficiently, and cost effectively resolve disputes
- Creation of processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business
- Active championship of Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity, including by helping protect the company from risk, complying with all applicable regulations and procedures, and reinforcing Airbnb’s values
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- Minimum 4 years of heavy litigation experience
- Trial experience preferred
- Demonstrated record for success strategizing, handling and managing complex disputes to successful resolution
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward
- Broad base of substantive law relating to technology companies
- Ability to craft legal solutions in novel ways essential
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Passion for travel, home sharing and deep appreciation for Airbnb community
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, and desire to get things done
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.