Data Science Manager, Airbnb for Work
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
We are seeking a manager to lead data science for the “Airbnb for Work” (A4W) team. A4W is responsible for building the foundational products to enable company travel managers, travel partners, and individual business travelers to experience the best of Airbnb. As business travelers display a rapidly growing interest in staying in Airbnbs rather than traditional accommodations, this has become a critical business segment for our company.
We’re seeking a proven data science leader excited about product analytics, experimentation, operations, and business strategy to drive this fast-growing business segment forward. As a leader of this group, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and build a high-impact, high-output team. You will also have a seat at the Airbnb for Work leadership table, partnering with engineering, product, and operations executives to design strategy, and to ensure the Airbnb for Work vision is data-driven.
Team responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments to measure lift from product changes and initiatives
- Identify/size growth opportunities and develop hypotheses
- Develop machine learning models to help personalize the business traveler experience
- Design and measure incentive programs for business travelers and companies
- Develop metrics for team/subteam measurement and reporting of business performance.
- Develop a supply-side strategy to ensure work travelers are matched with listings that meet their needs
- 3+ years management experience & a Master's degree in a quantitative field; PhD a plus
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- R/Python; SQL/Hive
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Building data pipelines
- Descriptive and predictive modeling
- Implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- Expertise designing and testing experiments
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- A “business owner” mindset, with a keen interest in product, operations, and strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication