(Contractor) Airbnb Experiences Market Specialist, Vietnam
Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb Experiences are excursions, or other activities curated by Airbnb, designed and led by local hosts who give guests unique access into places and communities in their city. Guests can already book a wide variety of Experiences in Asia Pacific, such as making soup dumplings in Shanghai with a local expert and taking surfing lessons with passionate surfers in Bali.
We are looking to create a large number of entrepreneurs across Vietnam over the next few years on the Experiences platform. As the Vietnam Market Specialist, you will be responsible for growing the supply of Experiences across the country, and driving growth strategy.
This is a contract position for a period of 6 months. In this role, you will be employed by a third party agency and will not be eligible for Airbnb employee benefits. This role will be based in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
- Help support the growth of Experiences in multiple markets across Vietnam.
- Help promote the Experiences platform to professionals, entrepreneurs and passionate Experience hosts.
- Help find new Experience hosts, onboard them and make them successful on the Airbnb platform.
- Build relationships with top Experience hosts in Vietnam, and help them grow their businesses on Airbnb.
- Establish partnerships or agreements to drive supply.
- Be accountable for the growth of the cities in your remit.
- Support Experience host communities across Vietnam and organize meetups.
- Assess business performance, market opportunities and deep-dive into areas of strength and weakness.
- Build expertise and share learnings from your market with the broader organization.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional global team.
- Identify key barriers/levers that can have significant impact on market and work to address with proper stakeholders or cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study.
- You think and act like an entrepreneur. You are scrappy and goal driven, and think with a growth mindset.
- You have great communication & people skills, and are able to quickly build relationships with partners and host communities across Vietnam.
- You have strong analytical skills with experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions. You’re comfortable using Excel or Google Sheets to manipulate data. SQL is a plus.
- You are in touch with the latest local trends in entertainment, travel, lifestyle and what people want from their leisure time.
- You have a hands-on approach, and are able to hustle to get things done quickly.
- You are highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Previous experience in an operational or business development position in a consumer Internet company is highly desirable.
- Passion for Airbnb and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a strong plus.