Senior Payments Counsel
San Francisco, United States
We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and to enable them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
Based in San Francisco, your role as a member of the Airbnb legal team will involve working closely with business partners across the country to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro-activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team.
- Provide commercial support for various agreements necessary to support the payment operations of Airbnb. Agreements range from NDA’s to strategic partnerships, to commercial agreements with payment service providers, financial institutions and card networks.
- Provide product support related to guest payment methods, host payout methods and other payment products.
- Provide support and guidance on Payment network rules and core payments best practices.
- Help build out templates, processes, policies and infrastructure to support growth across the payments team.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Be a team player, helping with agreements across a wide variety of subject matter areas.
- At least 9+ years of experience working on card network, payments or related products at a major financial institution.
- Creative, flexible and experienced commercial attorney with business orientated outlook.
- General experience working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Several years in-house experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Training in a highly regarded and leading international law firm.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel.