(Contractor) API Technical Specialist
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The API Technical Specialist acts as the bridge between Ops and Engineering. TheAPI Technical Specialist is the first line of defence when troubleshooting bugs and API errors. They are solutions driven. They will understand that rapid and thorough resolutions are necessary in maintaining strong API partnerships, and crucial to Airbnb’s reputation within the community.
Please note this is a 12-month contractor position based in our Tokyo office. In this role you will be employed by a third party agency.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and investigates escalated issues
- Guides API partners on how to use the API
- Maintains agreed upon SLA for resolving issues
- Communicates effectively to technical and non-technical internal teams
- Creates and maintains documentation on common issues; potentially manages technical community forums and/or leads technical calls with partner developers.
- Experienced working with APIs
- Enjoys educating external partners on best practices using APIs
- Support Engineer experience recommended
- Knows how to communicate effectively and with grace
- Interest in hospitality a plus!
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.