Experience Designer, Intern 2020
San Francisco, United States
*Please note, this role is only open to students currently enrolled in an academic program and will graduate December 2020 spring/summer 2021.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Airbnb helps anyone belong anywhere as the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful experiences in the real world. We’re helping people live like locals in parts unknown while breaking down cultural barriers and bringing people together.
The Experience Design team wields mighty pixels to provide hosts and guests with the digital platforms that enable great offline experiences. We’re a tight knit group of hard working, fun-loving, dedicated and ambitious folks. Design is in Airbnb’s DNA and we work side-by-side with our cross-disciplinary partners to deliver high-quality and impactful products. You’re going to want to join us if you sweat the details, leave the ego at the door, and work with hustle.
The Design Intern will work under the supervision of a senior Experience Designer, at one of our West Coast offices — San Francisco, Seattle or Portland. They will be responsible for the end-to-end user experience in their product area. Success in this role is defined by the quality of the user experience including the impact, consistency, ease of use and beauty of the final product.
You’re going to want to join us if you…
Sweat the details
- You’re the best at what you do and you are devoted to achieving the highest quality in craftsmanship.
- You know how each pixel, each screen, each moment coalesces into one journey and your priority is to make the whole great.
Leave the ego at the door
- While you’re the best, you don’t show it.
- You collaborate with your partners in and outside the design team and you show great empathy to all users.
Work with hustle
- You’re entrepreneurial, resourceful and proactive.
- You demonstrate impact through making.
- You get it done.
- Partner with other Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Content Strategists to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and create new products and services.
- Design elegant flows and interactions for a global audience across platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Execute in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver mocks and assets in a timely manner
- A passion for building great products and experiences, and for great design
- Scrappiness, flexibility, and adaptability needed to do great design quickly
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and visual)
- Keen understanding of design tools, processes, and methods through education
- Strong collaborator
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Prototyping, animation, or coding experience
- Competitive hourly rate
- Paid time off
- Housing stipend
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner