Sr. Manager, IT SOX
San Francisco, United States
You will be helping us create an IT SOX compliance program that continually evolves and reflects our business and stakeholder needs and expectations.
The role requires a well-rounded controls focused professional with accounting, systems and operational expertise. Excellent communication, resource allocation and project management skills are critical, as well as the ability to influence across functions and various levels. The position reports to the Director, Platform Controller and will coordinate intensively with the Senior Manager, Platform Controlling - Financial Controls.
- Work with business and engineering partners to identify financially relevant services, systems, and application functionality.
- Develop and implement IT internal controls for platform services in collaboration with business and engineering partners
- Coordinate and assist in documentation of management’s SOX 404 platform IT controls to ensure adequate design for in-scope services. Coordinate the annual SOX 404 compliance plan for Platform systems and audit work performed by Global Risk Advisory team.
- Consult on new business initiatives and platform system implementations/enhancements and service oriented architecture work to assess the impact of changes on financial processes and IT general and application controls. Recommend controls to be put in place as part of new project launches and collaborate with teams on controls implementation.
- Act as the “go-to” person for Platform IT general controls within the organization and be an insightful resource for implementing controls within a system in an efficient and effective manner, while creating guardrails to allow the business to move quickly.
- Coordinate with GRA and external auditors.
- Set-up and co-ordinate the quarterly 302 certification and control owner sub-certification process with GRA for platform services including “road-show” explaining the “why” and “how” to impacted engineers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Certification
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience with experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience; must possess strong auditing skills with experience with public companies
- In depth understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, SOC reports, and other applicable professional guidance
- Deep knowledge of technology marketplace environment including both 3rd party and home-grown systems, and key accounting requirements
- Understanding of a service oriented platform architecture
- Experience with external auditor requirements and expectations
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude and able to work in hyper-growth, fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations and use influence to ensure execution
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing IT controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk
- Role model Airbnb core values