Fullstack Developer Internship
Airbnb is building an engineering hub in Paris for its host management entity, Luckey. You will have a significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products.We are very early in our journey so we are looking for collaborative and entrepreneurial engineers who like building projects from the ground up. We are looking for a FullStack Developer Intern who can help maintain, design, implement, and ship new features on our platform. We expect you to be eager to learn, demonstrate team spirit, and design technical solutions to meet our challenges and scale our product. The intern will be working with experienced engineers on project such as:
- Services Review: Hosting Services is providing services such as cleanings, check-ins, photo shoots and maintenance for our Airbnb Hosts. We will build tools to leverage Airbnb reviews to improve services quality and provide magical trips to our Guests ;
- Check-in Info Collection: Hosting Services is providing check-in services. We will build a new and dedicated Guest workflow on Airbnb to collect the check-in time. Once we know the exact check-in time, our welcomers will be able to greet Guests as soon as they reach the door.
- Rental Pricing: Hosting Services is also providing pricing services for our Hosts. We are building algorithms to compute optimal prices based on inputs such as location, seasonality, occupation rate, local events.
- Guest Communication: Hosting Services team are handling hundreds of Guests daily. They need tools to communicate efficiently with them and to provide them a magical stay.
We are using the latest front-end technologies (ReactJS, GraphQL, Progressive Web Apps, Server Side Rendering) on a solid backend stack (Java, Thrift, Service Oriented Architecture, AWS).
- Backend: Building Java APIs into a Service Oriented Architecture to support the new tools we are building
- Frontend: Building Web Apps from scratch in order to bring these tools to entrepreneurs all around the world
- Iterative development using the agile sprint process, working closely with Product
- Supporting the team to maintain a high quality bar through best practices (A/B testing, feature toggling, review workflow, CI, pentesting…)
- Currently studying or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar discipline.
- Experience using Java, PHP or C++ (not mandatory).
- Professional working proficiency in English (verbal and written).