Principal, Technical Accounting
San Francisco, United States
Principle, Technical Accounting
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 50,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than three quarters of a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220+ countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
- Conduct research on accounting literature pertaining to new business initiatives, contracts and/or transactions. Significant accounting transactions include investments, derivatives accounting, lease transactions, debt and equity instruments and mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepare detailed accounting memos documenting conclusions reached from accounting research. Requires advanced communication and writing skills.
- Cross-functional collaboration with legal, FP&A and other outside business partners to understand and analyze transactions. Work with forecast owners to understand accounting treatment and impact on P&L.
- Evaluate and assess new accounting pronouncements. Analyze new accounting pronouncements to determine their impact on the Company and assist with their implementation.
- Responsible for 404 compliance for direct areas of responsibility and support overall 404 compliance.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibilities in technical accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct accounting research and summarize results accurately and independently.
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to successfully meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Proven experience in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.