Director of FP&A for Community Support
San Francisco, United States
The Director of FP&A, Community Support will be the key finance business partner to the VP of Community Support and will help drive business outcomes through the efficient allocation of resources and data driven insights. This role will work closely with various members of the Community Support leadership team and with various teams across finance including Corporate FP&A, Accounting, Investor Relations, Operations, and Financial Systems. This role will take the lead on all financial budgeting, planning and forecasting activities across the Community Support organization.
- Partner closely with the VP of Community Support to drive finance and business outcomes through the efficient allocation of resources and data driven insights
- Develop a deep understanding of Community Support Operations and the related financial and operating levers to drive leverage and efficiency
- Drive all finance related activities on behalf of Community Support, including but not limited to: annual planning, monthly/quarterly forecasting, variance analysis, management reporting and insights
- Develop and deploy a standard process for measuring the financial impacts of product defects for new and existing products/features.
- Develop and deploy financial optimization models that provide scenarios for business partners to help them run their portion of operations
- Provide deal support an insights on new and exiting outsourced partner contracts
- Own and socialize finance calendar with Community Support leadership team to ensure business operations are aligned with all finance deliverables
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals. Proactively educate all members of the direct team to drive a common knowledge base of Operations, Accounting, FP&A and systems / analytics.
- Partner closely with external partners and internal capacity planning to ensure agent volume forecasts are aligned with corporate submissions and P&L forecast
- Partner closely with the Community Support team to develop a long term financial plan that is consistent with the Long Term Airbnb plan. Ensure the plan is grounded in reality and adjusted as needed to align with Airbnb’s long term growth plan
- Partner closely with Corporate FP&A to ensure all corporate deliverables are met and insights on performance are delivered on time for management reporting deadlines
- Coordinate with Business Unit Finance to ensure overlapping costs are accounted for accurately and maximize the use of direct expenses vs. allocations
- Implement controls around key spending areas that satisfy the needs of accounting/finance and business partners
- Provide ad-hoc support on cross functional initiatives, such as data clean-up as needed.
- 15+ years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience supporting an Operations leader at a large, reputable technology or travel organization
- Proactive and creative problem solver with tremendous intellectual horsepower
- Exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence business partners
- Strong experience leading, developing and growing high performing teams
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization, including board members
- Must have direct experience leading financial planning for a customer support organization with 20,000+ agents.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.