Principal Architect, Community Support
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. At the backbone of this is a world class customer support team and the innovative technology that enables them. We believe that our service will be a major differentiator and drive Airbnb’s global success and growth.
The Community Support Products team is building an intelligent technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
We are seeking an experienced leader to:
- Lead technical vision, strategy and architecture of the next-generation intelligent Community Support Platform
- Drive data and machine learning principles across the organization and in all services/systems that we build or buy
- Consistently lead the design and development of critical or foundational technology
- Partner closely with the Community Support Operations,Product, Engineering, Data Science and BizTech (ITX) teams across the company to deliver the best-in-class technology solutions to scale Community Support and accelerate our business growth
- Position Airbnb for industry leadership in Community Support Technology
We have an incredible technical team, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
- 20+ years in software development with a track record of success in architecture, designing and delivering highly scalable and available platforms/systems
- Demonstrated expertise driving and delivering the technology strategies and solutions to scale business
- Strong domain knowledge and experiences in building Customer Support (Care) , Customer Identity, Data and Machine Learning platforms/services
- Significant experience in building and operating large systems/services in Cloud (AWS) or on Premise
- Working knowledge of Customer Relation and Support systems (eg. Salesforce CRM) is a PLUS
- Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a creative and timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted thought partner in an organization, with ability to turn information into effective strategies and executable plans
- Ability to successfully interact and communicate with stakeholders who have a wide range of personalities and personal styles and who are representing diverse perspectives within the company
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, not afraid to dive into detail and execute as needed
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.