Senior Data Scientist - Analytics, Frontline Insights & Execution
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Data Science team draws insights from our rich two sided marketplace to propel our community and product forward. Together we can create a place where we can belong anywhere.
About the position:
The Frontline Insights & Execution (FIX) Team is focused on creating a flywheel of frontline feedback that helps teams at Airbnb build better products and reduce defects. Up-leveling data and insights is defined as a critical strategy for the team to serve this company-wide key initiative.
As a Data Scientist on FIX and part of the Support Product Data Science team, you will have the unique opportunity for massive impact given that you’ll directly drive projects that can reduce cost, improve user experience and stimulate sustainable growth. You’ll influence key strategic decisions across all Airbnb product teams by bringing data and insights to the table. You'll be in the driver seat to change Airbnb’s DNA around defect reduction using data to drive forward our vision of a world where guests and hosts can use our products seamlessly.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
- Defining, tracking and explaining key metrics across all surface areas
- Creating and empowering a company-wide measurement and attribution framework on Community Support contacts
- Quantifying long-term impact of Community Support contacts and trade-off against other goals
- Consolidating all feedback channel data and driving insights
- Conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Improving the quality of global product feedback data; Making unstructured data more accessible
Here are example traits we value:
- 4+ years professional experience, or PhD in a quantitative field including Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or Computer Science
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Python)
- Ability to communicate clearly and to effectively influence others
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow/Minerva
- Solid understanding of product analytics & experimentation
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status