HR Operations Manager EMEA
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
We are seeking an experienced Talent Operations (People Operations) Manager who will drive HR operational excellence for EMEA. This role is based in Dublin and will report to our Global Head of Talent Operations, based in San Francisco. The role will be a part of the Global Talent Operations Leadership Team and partner closely with cross functional teams and Talent leaders across the region.
This is a multi-disciplinary people leadership role that requires project management skills, vendor management experience and an appreciation and understanding for technology, finance and payroll with the ability to use data to inform business decisions. The ideal candidate will be strategic as well as hands-on. They will have a mindset of continuous process improvement and will demonstrate tenacity, curiosity, entrepreneurship, collaboration and the ability to work in ambiguity.
The successful candidate will have prior experience of having set up or transformed a HR Services function to support EMEA countries and will have led compliance efforts and cross functional projects. They will be a relationship builder capable of working with cross functional and global team members. They will be comfortable working in a matrixed organisation where they will frequently lead through influence. They will also be passionate about providing excellent internal client support and driving HR operational excellence to promote scalability.
- Review and scale our People Operations processes in EMEA. This will involve leveraging and scaling our global People Operations processes, and developing new processes required for the EMEA region. Once defined, the improvements required will be project managed to delivery. This will cover everything from right- to- work checks, new joiner access to Workday, management of time off, global mobility and leaver processes.
- Build an EMEA shared services function. This involves project managing the scaling of our existing knowledge and ticketing platform including partnership with IT Systems, Talent Generalists, Benefits, Legal and Payroll. It will involve the introduction of SLAs, tracking volumes and service delivery. Over time the role will drive increased manager and employee self service across the region.
- Build a strong partnership with our Payroll function and build the EMEA aspects of our payroll automation project.
- Build a strong partnership with our IT Systems function. This role will complete a review of our usage of Workday and project manage process improvements. The role will also partner with the IT team on ad hoc projects such as managing the configuration of Workday when we launch in new countries as well as rolling out projects such as benefits offerings, or the management of time tracking in Workday.
- Build a strong partnership with our Recruitment team to ensure the rigour of clean data entry and careful management of position IDs. Experience of having been involved in global headcount planning exercises will be advantageous.
- Build a strong partnership with our Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure that people costs consistently tracked and reported between Talent and Finance.
- Lead our EMEA Compliance efforts; with experience of working within a SOX compliance environment.
- Lead data governance and reporting efforts to ensure data integrity and accuracy across all systems
- Build regular people insights reporting which will be shared with EMEA leadership and used to drive the EMEA Talent strategy.
- Experience of working within a scale up environment and one where there have been acquisitions and there are multiple legal entities to be managed will be helpful.
- Ad hoc project management will often be required, for example this role will lead on People Operations onboarding where an acquisition has taken place.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent senior qualification / combination of education and experience).
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive human resources / people operations experience across the EMEA region.
- Experience with Workday required.
- Previous experience working in technology or a hyper growth environment required.
- Experience working for a global company preferred.
- Comfortable with fast paced operations and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" - no job is too big or too small.
- Ability to work collaboratively to ensure cross functional HR initiatives are delivered.
- Strong organisational and planning skills and a solutions orientation.
- Strong project management capability with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
- High-level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance, and flexibility.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize action items accordingly.
- Ability to build credibility and relationships quickly across functions including Payroll, Recruiting, Legal, Benefits and IT Systems.
- Clear understanding of business needs and sensitivity to differences across various countries and groups (functions, regions, GDPR, etc.).
- Highly developed influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organisation.
- Passion for delivering innovative solutions and process improvement.
- Unquestioned integrity and confidentiality.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.