HR Program Manager
San Francisco, United States
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
About The Role
We're looking for an experienced Strategic HR Program Manager ( and HR Business Partner) to partner with our Growth & Traffic team in the Technology organization. The Talent Partner will also play a dual role in driving and managing programs/initiatives across the global Technology organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and designing/delivering world-class programs.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and has a passion for partnering with business leaders to deliver impactful talent solutions. The Sr. Talent Partner will be skilled in driving business transformations, designing HR practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic, data driven business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Experience in a high growth organization and/or tech firm is a plus as is a leadership role in a multinational organization.
This is a critical role which sits on the leadership team of a senior leader in Technology. The role reports to the Head of Talent for Global Technology.
- Partner with Business leaders to provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution that’s aligned with business strategies. Help leaders to create and execute on the vision for a world class Technology organization.
- Is a trusted advisor to senior leaders who operates with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs. Is an expert in stakeholder management and is able to communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
- Take risks in designing and delivering 21st Century Talent programs and solutions to creatively solve business challenges in areas such as employee engagement, talent design, workforce planning, cultural change, organizational design, and change management. Is comfortable to lead through ambiguous situations and effectively manage trade-offs between short term long-term strategic plans.
- Strong project
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to leaders to drive business outcomes
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and coaches executives to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
- Design and deliver key inclusion programs/initiatives that continue to build a sustained culture of belonging
- Actively engage in various leadership forums to diagnose and solve talent and organization related problems
- Advocate for and represent teams’ needs to the global EX team and senior leadership
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, D&B, Talent Design and Internal Comms) to deliver world class talent programs to deliver business results
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Serve as a mentor to other Talent Partners and support their development through knowledge sharing and partnership
- 10 years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment; BA/BS in related field; MA/MBA is a plus.
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details (can operationalize a strategy)
- Strong analytical skills and uses data to influence strategic decisions at the executive level.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs. Ability to work in and navigate a matrixed environment.
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.