Senior Manager - Payment Networks Partnerships and Business Development
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and authentic experiences for our host and guest community around the world. Our platform connects millions of people a year and furthers our mission to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
To power the global Airbnb community, we are building a world-class payments platform - one that currently supports 191 countries, 63 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, and processes billions of dollars per year for all of Airbnb’s business units. As the platform grows, we’ll be adding new payment partners, establishing licensed payments companies around the world, and building innovative payment experiences and financial products for our guests and hosts. Our goal? To create a future where transparent, simple, and familiar payment solutions can empower people, entrepreneurs and communities on our global marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
Reporting to the Head of Payment Partnerships and Economics, we are seeking a Senior Manager of Network Partnerships responsible for managing Airbnb’s partnerships engagement with the payments networks. The position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lead every aspect of payments strategy, business development, and ongoing relationship management with card network partners across the Airbnb portfolio
- Lead strategic discussions with C-level executives across the payments ecosystem
- Participate in the evolution of growing and scaling Airbnbs Payments to serve global markets. Support the development and scale of a world-class payments platform to support growth and profitability for Airbnb.
- Support global strategy development and regional performance for Payments, ensuring alignment to broader Airbnb goals and vision
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for Payments
- Anticipate potential issues and challenges in order to proactively plan for and execute effective solutions
- Build strong relationships with, and align cross-functional stakeholders across, Payments, Finance, Treasury, and other areas in relation to region-led payments initiatives to build consensus and drive decision making at the payments leadership level
- Foster a culture that promotes innovation, empowers individuals, values teamwork and collaboration, and delivers with quality and efficiency
Key Capabilities & Profile:
- Collaborate closely with the global Payments team to execute complex Payments-Led initiatives
- Demonstrates passion and strong sense of urgency for reaching ambitious targets
- Must be able to effectively balance and execute on many complex initiatives in parallel
- Must be able to deliver on plan and on target, and problem solve effectively when plans go off track
- 10+ years of experience including 7+ years in the payments domain and 3+ years at a global payments network
- Experience in global business development at a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise level account relationships through periodic business reviews, partnership expansion and associated work.
- Familiarity with key payments areas including four/three party models, interchange, tokenization, chargebacks/fraud, PSD2, 3D Secure, GDPR, card network rules, and other relevant dimensions
- Track record demonstrating strategic thinking, innovation, collaboration, customer focus, and the ability to deliver and drive results
- Proven success working with cross-functional teams distributed in multiple geographic locations
- Strong track record of developing talent to create high performing teams
- Deep knowledge of financial products, payment instruments and payment processing systems worldwide
- Experience influencing senior level leadership internally and externally
- Experience resolving conflicts/escalations and negotiations via win/win solutions
- Relevant BA/BS degree or professional accreditation.
- 7+ years working in the payments domain
- Strategy or product management experience at a payments network
- International markets payments experience
- Experience working in a platform organization which enables and advises business partners
- Payments consulting, marketplace, or e-commerce payments experience a plus
- MBA or other advanced degree
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.