Senior Staff Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. Our community of guests and hosts rely on Airbnb around the clock to provide the tools they need to find a safe place to stay and to facilitate unique experiences. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add senior technical contributors to solve our broad technical challenges and deep dive into our most critical infrastructure projects.
About the team:
The Developer Platform team is a team of 70 people responsible for and passionate about creating a great developer experience at Airbnb. We own the end to end developer workflow, ranging from language agnostic build, test, and deploy infrastructure to stack-specific frameworks and architecture critical for web, native, and service developers to effectively build and ship great products.
We are looking to bring in a senior hire to help Airbnb create an industry-leading developer experience that scales to meet our executive team's ambitious product visions. The work to transform our developer experience is one of the most impactful at Airbnb and has visibility at the CTO-level. As part of the senior technical leadership team reporting directly to the Director of Developer Platform, you will identify, articulate, and lead various long-term tech visions, strategies, cross-cutting initiatives, architecture redesigns, and development paradigm shifts. As a technical leader on Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to work with many senior staff, principal, and distinguished engineers across the company. You will have the mandate to tackle any aspect of improving the developer experience, with a focus on rethinking key aspects of the development environment and workflow from the ground up.
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Expert-level experience in and passion for the developer productivity space
- Ideally with additional industry experience in some combination of product development, cloud infrastructure, containerization technology, large Java monorepo scaling, and large CI systems
- Track record for effectively aligning multiple large organizations on long-term technical visions
- Track record and technical depth for leading multiple teams of senior engineers to successfully execute a multi-year technical vision
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…