Senior Software Engineer, Real Estate
San Francisco, United States
What is Airbnb for Real Estate?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is vacation homes. However this is actually a small segment of the residential housing, the majority of the market is apartment homes. The Airbnb for Real Estate team’s mission is making these apartment homes more accessible for hosting on Airbnb. We do this by working with and supporting the owners, operators, and residents of these apartment homes. We also support professional hosts who partner with real estate operators to offer host stays in otherwise unutilized space.
On the Airbnb for Real Estate team, you can have a significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets or helping improve an established area of the business, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, the Airbnb for Real Estate team is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
We are a small, entrepreneurial group within Airbnb. We move fast, and are passionate about our customers. We value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world.
- 6+ years of full-time work experience in software engineering or related domains.
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java, Kotlin preferred), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching.
- Experience with designing and building large scale production systems or features.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) designs.
- Knowledge of creating external facing APIs.
- Willing to work across the stack to address technical challenges anywhere in the system.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Analytical thinking demonstrated by making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Experience building a global marketplace
- Experience working with complex pricing rules involving multiple stakeholders
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status