Staff Software Engineer, Data Governance
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Data represents the voice of Airbnb’s users at scale. The Data Warehouse Infrastructure team is responsible for the foundational big data infrastructure, which is used by hundreds of engineers to collect, manage, and analyze data at scale. We are using open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Trino, and Druid.
- Design and build systems to improve the reliability, performance, and cost efficiency of data warehouse, including both compute and storage.
- Write maintainable and self-documenting code, perform code reviews.
- Work on, and contribute to open source software, and have industry impact.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages, and Python.
- Working experience with Spark, like contributing to Spark core or performance tunings.
- Experience in building high performance distributed data-intensive systems.
- Experience working with Hive, Flink, or Trino is a plus.
- Proactiveness, good communication and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.