Staff Software Engineer, Data Governance
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Data represents the voice of Airbnb’s users at scale. The Data Warehouse Infrastructure team is responsible for the foundational big data infrastructure, which is used by hundreds of engineers to collect, manage, and analyze data at scale. We are using open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Trino, and Druid.
- Design and build systems to improve the reliability, performance, and cost efficiency of data warehouse, including both compute and storage.
- Write maintainable and self-documenting code, perform code reviews.
- Work on, and contribute to open source software, and have industry impact.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages, and Python.
- Working experience with Spark, like contributing to Spark core or performance tunings.
- Experience in building high performance distributed data-intensive systems.
- Experience working with Hive, Flink, or Trino is a plus.
- Proactiveness, good communication and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone.
The starting base pay for this role is between $184,000 and $244,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.