Senior Software Engineer, Pro Host
San Francisco, United States
What is Homes at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. You will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
What is Pro Host Within Homes at Airbnb?
The Pro Host team partners with businesses around the world to create the future of hospitality. We empower anyone with a passion for providing magical hospitality to build and grow a successful business on Airbnb. We enable all categories of professional hosts from BnB owners to property managers to boutique hotels to showcase what makes their properties unique.
The Pro Tools team within Pro Host builds the tools needed by the most sophisticated Airbnb hosts, and incubates many new tools and APIs for managing listing merchandising and pricing at scale. We operate at all levels of the stack: frontend, backend, data, and mobile. We are looking for a senior backend or full-stack engineer to help us build hosting tools for our hosts.
- Host tools to enable the next generation of merchandising for hotels and other non-standard listing types with specific needs
- Advanced pricing and discounting tools supporting multiple rate plans
- Large scale bulk editing tools
- Surfacing of data driven insights to help hosts optimize their listings
- 5+ years of full-time work experience in software engineering, information technology, or related domains.
- Willing to work across the stack to address technical challenges anywhere in the system.
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching.
- Experience with designing and building large scale production systems.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) design patterns.
- Strong written communication skills
- Bias for action and ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.