Channel Performance & Optimisation Manager
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
- Accountable for the routing rules and customer announcements on inbound phone, chat and messaging.
- Collaborate with technical teams to drive optimisation of the rules and flows to ensure optimum customer experience and business efficiency
- Own the administration and coordination of the voice recordings across all languages managing the vendor relationship for recording artists and associated budgets and contracts.
- Collaborate with technical teams and product managers to drive requirements & strategy for customer contact channels
- Maintain industry knowledge of current & evolving technologies for channel routing and optimisation
- Define and drive routing prioritisation including hours of coverage, overflows and service level protection.
- Establish and support the ongoing process for real time updates to channel routing including updates to routing messages and announcements to cover all emergency situations and coordinate delivery through our real time teams.
- Define business requirements into technical requirements and work with various levels of business stakeholders to create innovative scalable solutions.
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders in Service design, Support Products and Business Technology.
- Work closely and collaboratively with CS operations and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs are met or exceeded
- Develop roadmap and plans for contact channels to support the business and collaborate with other areas of the business for prioritisation within the overall roadmap where other functional resources are required
- Lead a small global team to own the design and administration of the contact routing announcements and IVR, periodic service testing, deployment of small structural changes and coordination with support products and business technology for back end self solve changes.
- Strong technical CS experience in large scale operations
- 10+ years experience in similar role leading channel delivery / optimisation team
- Bachelor's degree ideally in a business discipline
- MBA(or equivalent Masters) strongly preferred
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with ops and business partners at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer engagement and relationship management skills
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance with proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines