Staff Technical Program Manager, Data Governance & Reliability
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the team.
Great data is critical for Airbnb’s success. It is required to fuel the entire company’s innovation & operations. This person will partner with our Data Strategy TPM lead to deliver crucial programs to improve data timeliness, reliability, governance and security. We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling complexity, and delivering predictable and consistent results. This person should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with stakeholders.
See our Data Science & Data Platform Engineering Medium Blog at
- Evolve data access, retention, privacy and compliance policies and associated enforcement mechanisms
- Define and iterate sensitive data access controls and interventions to reduce scraping of our valuable business data. Conduct regular audits to ensure our data ecosystem is secure
- Ensure the company’s key executive reports are published consistently on time; Unify data reliability efforts and standardize SLAs for data landing times; Drive adoption of Data Reliability tooling
- Expand Data Reliability program to track and improve landing times for qualified data sets
- Support our data quality bug review program to ensure reporting bugs are resolved within SLA expectations and the appropriate Corrective Actions are pursued
- Manage and continuously optimize delivery activities and processes by ensuring effective prioritization / trade-offs against an overall strategy and organizational constraints
- Simplify solutions that build with the long term in mind
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Quickly drive conversations toward productive solutions by including the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, and timelines for masterful execution and delivery.
- Drive company-wide strategic initiatives with efficiency and speed
- 10 years technical project/program management or relevant experience
- Experience leading programs involving scalable, reliable big data, streaming, and data analytics platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple functions (Legal, Product, Engineering, Data Science) is imperative.
- Experience working with both online and offline systems
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status