Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, Homes
San Francisco, United States
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, Homes
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 100,000+ cities and 191 countries and regions. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 40,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role will report to the Director of Finance, Homes. This role will be responsible for partnering with the business on growth, planning, and strategy within the Homes/Finance organization, and will work closely with members of the finance and business leadership teams. The role will ensure we develop a proactive approach in driving financial decisions and visibility.
The ideal candidate possesses strong financial and analytics experience, ability to organize and create a structured approach to execution, ability to get up to speed quickly on different topics and areas. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate with business partners on the annual and quarterly planning process
- Partner with stakeholders on defining, leading, and optimizing operating processes such as business reviews and roadmap reviews.
- Define and communicate performance metrics/KPIs and value frameworks, explaining the business reasons for variance from the forecast to business leaders.
- Partner with business owners to optimize unit economics and business profitability. Help the business set goals, monitor performance, measure attainment, and course correct.
- Help crystalize business strategy and operationalize programs to execute that strategy.
- Lead or support strategic initiatives / projects within Business.
- Establish forecasts by segment for key inputs to financial performance. Ensure transparency with business leads. Analyze variance from budgets and forecast, Product team goal setting, adjustment, pacing, attribution
- Provide actionable insights through reporting, analytics, and partnering with DS on data accessibility, automation, and deep dive investigations
- Conduct deep dives into business trends and drivers of variance
- Partner with data science teams on joint strategic and adhoc analysis
- Build key stakeholder relationships across the organization to enable proactive and effective execution of Homes Finance strategy.
- Conduct deep dives into operational or functional topics as needed
- 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in a large company environment
- Proactive and creative problem solver with tremendous intellectual horsepower
- Exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence business partners
- Strong SQL, Financial Analysis and excel modeling skills. Prior experience empowering teams will be a strong plus
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and communication skills - written and verbal - required
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Successful candidate will be an ultimate host in role modeling our core values who is able to use judgement and thoughtfulness in getting things done.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.