Manager, Regional Business Process Improvement
Seattle, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re committed to creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated leader who knows how to motivate and inspire a team in a cutting-edge and fast-paced environment.
As the Regional Business Process Improvement Manager you’ll be leading a team of Process Improvement professionals focused on analysis, automation, and reengineering of business processes, with the objective of increasing the efficiency and quality of Community Support (CS) operations and service.
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining a cohesive process automation strategy with consistent high quality execution, which is aligned to the Community Support vision. You will have significant experience in driving operational excellence and digital transformation programs. You will also have global business and leadership experience in ideally in multiple markets.
Process & Operational Excellence
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and reengineering resulting in measurable improvements in CS KPIs and OKRs.
- Driving excellence in BPI through sharing best practices for delivering analyses, projects, & programs across the Global BPI team.
- Provide clear and direct performance feedback to direct reports, help them improve as leaders and operators.
- Represent BPI in the CS platform transformation program acting as a consultant to CS Leadership.
- Assess and resource initiatives that support Community Supports’s strategic roadmap.
- Manage the process automation pipeline ensuring the delivery of the highest impacting opportunities by the BPI team.
- Perform cost and benefit analyses and constructs business cases for process improvement and automation opportunities.Collaborate with BPI Managers to assess and set appropriate metrics based goals; consistently driving the team toward higher performance.
- Provide consultation on the use of Lean Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance, product quality and end to end customer experience
- Accountable for the effective resource planning, management, reporting and coordination of projects/initiatives to deliver change in line with business requirements.
Leadership, Cross-functional Collaboration and Partnership
- Communicate the vision of Airbnb Community Support and translate it into meaningful and clear goals for the BPI team members to ensure they understand the impact of their contribution to the big picture.
- Collaborate with Product and Technology teams including AI and RPA to drive efficiency through continuous process improvement and automation.
- Develop and support BPI Team members, in their personal and professional goals and contribute to the BPI global employee engagement plan.
- Accountable for measuring, tracking and reporting of process improvement impact using a blend of quantitative and qualitative measures against defined OKRs.
- Report in quarterly and monthly business reviews and other governance structures as required by the business.
- Ensure BPI Leads and Analysts have all relevant information to execute against their priorities by cascading with context and providing operational and strategic direction.
- Manage Regional BPI Headcount with plans covering succession, internal mobility, attrition and skill sets.
- Develop relationships of trust with leaders, peers, and team members at all levels of the organization
- Manage relationships with third party vendors to ensure contracts are negotiated to achieve optimal cost savings whilst delivering return on investment.
- Share Airbnb’s values
- 15 years of post-graduate experience in operations or process improvement role, 5 years in a people leadership position
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certified
- Advanced knowledge of customer service and contact center operations
- Global business and leadership experience, ideally in multiple markets and multiple customer segments
- Highly developed leadership skills and experience managing teams in multiple locales.
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-functional leadership skills and ability to influence across various leadership levels
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong sense of vision and future
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Superb people management skills with a history of mentoring Lean Six Sigma Practitioners
- Proven track-record of developing and delivering digital transformation solutions such as RPA and Lean Digital to achieve cost savings and customer experience improvements
- Proficient in program/project management and leading large cross-functional teams to successfully achieve business goals
- Experienced in Agile and SDLC methodologies an advantage
- Advanced SQL, Excel and data analytics capability
- Ability to work under conditions of ambiguity in a fast-growth, sometimes uncertain and complex environment.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skill
- Frequent travel required (up to 30%) **when it is safe to do so**