Capacity Planner - Trust
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for an experienced WFM professional with a specialisation in Capacity Planning. The role is crucial for the successful execution of community support operations. Primary responsibility includes producing resource requirements at daily, weekly and monthly levels for various business units, segments and tiers.
This role is highly analytical involving insights generation based on historical trends and events. It involves actively working with data science, FP&A and core business teams to factor in intelligence for short and long term planning/forecasting. In order to establish efficiency and accuracy, the role requires tracking all KPIs used while forecasting for variance reporting.
The candidate will also partner with the supply planning team to ensure demand is adequately staffed and serviced. Mentor other demand and supply planners for best practice sharing and uniformity of delivery.
- Produce short term and long term forecast of transactions including KPIs and FTEs for global Trust network - internal and partner sites
- Collect and analyse historical contact volume and hande time data to ensure emerging trends are captured, identify and normalise outliers
- Forecast and analyse transaction propensity and outbound workload
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and efficiency
- Maintain and analyze records of actual contact and staffing volumes compared to forecast
- Understand reasons for forecast variance and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness
- Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
- Lead Projects to improve planning efficiency and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers
- Lead impact assessment for various business units, services completing “What if” scenarios and comparative analysis
- Assessing business impacts, process and policy changes.
- Recommending ideal resource strategy to service managers and assisting BUs with specific initiatives to benefit site strategy or financials.
- Partner with Supply Planners for efficient FTE delivery to plan
- Mentor teammates in other regions with best practice sharing and knowledge sharing
- 3+ years experience working demand planner, forecast planner or capacity planner
- At least 5 years experience in workforce planning
- Expertise in call center management and related logical calculations including Erlang C
- Proficiency in Google sheets and Microsoft excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi task with attention to detail
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a global setup with stakeholders present across the globe
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as good business judgment
- Ability to work both independently and with larger teams
- Beneficial to have: reporting or MIS skills, experience in SQL and experience with WFM tools