Sr. Product Manager, Developer Platform
San Francisco, United States
The Infrastructure Team's mission is to build leverage for every Airbnb employee through technology - enabling all teams to quickly build high-quality, secure, scalable and compliant products and services. We are a force-multiplier, scaling technologies for production, data, developer tools, design, information security and IT for every team and user within the company.
About the Developer Platform Sr. PM Role
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product manager who is passionate about improving developer productivity. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our developers to rapidly deliver high quality services and experiences to our customers at massive and growing scale. You will be responsible for defining the vision for the future of development at Airbnb, and defining the roadmap for how we will achieve a best in class developer experience that will scale with our growth. Your teams will deliver the core infrastructure that our developers rely on to build, test, and deploy their services and features for our guests and hosts around the world.
- Establish vision for a world class development experience. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the entire Developer Platform organization. Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our engineers, solving technical and operational problems as they relate to product development.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on your teams’ mission.
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of businesses
- Define key success metrics and SLOs to track developer productivity and quality.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend or developer infrastructure, with 7+ years of product management experience in those areas.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity, product quality, and automating/optimizing developer workflows.
- Demonstrated empathy for key developer pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for developers
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and development process for distributed systems
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive developer ecosystems, platforms and tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy wih a wide range of stakeholders, from C-suite execs to technical partners
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...