Business Affairs Program Lead, Trust
San Francisco, United States
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. As Business Affairs Program Leader on Trust’s Business Affairs team, you are responsible for leading cross-functional programs and projects that drive significant impact to the Trust organization and support the Airbnb business. Business Affairs is responsible for implementing strategic cross-functional programs and processes that drive Trust Strategy, bringing together teams across Trust and/or business units.
As the Business Affairs Lead, you will build and maintain critical relationships with the hosting business, supporting functions (platforms), and global Airbnb business leaders. Specifically, you will lead the day to day processes focused on addressing issues and opportunities for innovation on known and evolving challenges related to trust and safety related issues. You will work with colleagues to implement recommendations and innovative proposals that can be scaled. You will work cross-functionally and at senior levels of the company to improve Trust productivity and efficiency, and do so with clear communication, efficient resource usage, and deep focus on overall program execution. You have demonstrated skillful stakeholder management and well-honed project management ability in previous work, and you have the ambition to push for large scope improvements. You have the ability to concentrate on the nitty gritty details that need improvement while also communicating a high level narrative to management and product teams. You are a skilled communicator; able to convey high level narrative to leadership as well as keep project teams and stakeholders informed of tactical changes. You are a self-starter with bias for action that can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate difficult and nuanced problems and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Champion the Trust Strategy in service of the company’s highest-level goals.
- Regularly present and clearly communicate status of initiatives to senior leadership and stakeholders within Trust and and within the company.
- Work closely with stakeholders and leadership from cross-functional teams within and outside of Trust to understand challenges and dependencies and close gaps.
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders.
- Prepare presentations and agendas and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to Trust management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Build detailed project plan with tasks, resources, dependencies, and dates. Identify risks and create mitigation plans. Work with project team to ensure on-time completion of key milestones.
- 10+ years of total work experience with 8+ years focused on project/program management in a consulting, government and/or corporate environment
- Ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a creative and timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships across departments and teams
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- World class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for Airbnb
- Experience working in Trust and Safety, Risk or Fraud a plus
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to implement change and drive results a plus