Payments Service Manager, Community Support
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re committed to creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Payments Service Manager who will be able to help to define vision and strategy for the CS payment team and drive performance in furtherance of our functional goals and priorities. The role is responsible for developing a vision for CS Payment and driving continuous improvement to deliver a great experience for our community in an efficient and effective way that is aligned with the needs of our businesses across people, product and technology. You will set targets for your service performance, and be held accountable to managing global service performance, operations and strategy execution.
The successful candidate should have a strong subject matter expertise of customer experience in Payment space as well as a solid knowledge of operations. You will liaise closely with the Payment platform team and CS platform engagement manager to understand the priority from the payment team and deliver the support needed in your service area.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating a compelling service vision: You will be forward-looking and build an annual vision of your service area to give clear direction and definition to all stakeholders on what excellent service is in your area, and how it needs to evolve to exceed customers’ expectations. You will also focus on promoting and educating stakeholders on your service area where applicable.
- Provide regional business strategy on payment capability services by partnering with platform engagement manager and payment platform team.
- Building and prioritizing strategic initiatives: You will translate your vision into clear strategic pillars and supporting roadmap and seek buy-in from identified stakeholders. Partner with CS platform engagement managers in driving alignment of joint roadmap between CS and Payment Inc.
- When payments bugs and incidents occur, influence prioritization on resolutions based on community risks including country regulations, sensitive markets and user insights.
- Partner with cross functional teams within CS, Processor, Engineering, Content Strategy and legal team on communication strategy that serves the purpose for both internal stakeholders and external communities.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the Payments operation process. Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and established precedents.
- Lead global prioritized Projects - Coordinate and lead key projects for global improvement across all levels of the Payments organization. Work cross functionally to support several teams and collaborate with stakeholders to re-design and improve processes. Prioritize product roadmaps and rollouts, agent tool enhancements, and joint initiatives in the roadmap that address high level payment and processor problems and high risk escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; experience working with online payment processing a plus.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to engage in strong business critical relationships with Service Managers, Regional Directors, Regional Operations Managers, and other Cross-Functional Leaders in the region.
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and influence both strategies and operations.
- Advanced people leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience.
- Strong ability to learn with agility, quickly picking up additional skills and techniques needed to succeed.
- At least 8 years of experience in an operations-related role
- At least 4 years of experience in the payments field
- Able to travel internationally as per business requirements
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.