Senior Software Engineer Traffic
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a senior full stack Engineer to join the Growth and Traffic team in SanFrancisco. We are a fast-paced team focused on building best-in-class platforms and products to drive long term sustainable growth. As a full stack engineer, you’ll help airbnb build Associates Platform - a community based platform for business partners, social media influencers, bloggers, hosts, and power referrers to promote Airbnb to their followers and earn commission, similar to affiliate networks.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Build the Associate Platform for social media influencers, bloggers, hosts and power referrers to promote Airbnb to their followers and earn commissions.
- Create tools for Airbnb associates to generate shareable links, embedded widgets, and pages with useful and unique travel content.
- Build the business account management system to onboard small businesses to Airbnb Associates.
- Improve the Associate Dashboard to help Associates understand their business metrics and upcoming incomes.
- Lead the front-end architecture and development for both Airbnb Associate and Referral Platform.
- Build Frontend/Full-Stack product end-to-end from technical design, implementation, testing to delivery
- Work closely with product managers and designers to build products with business impact.
- Hands on design, development, testing and rollout of frontend products and backend services
- Improve quality of existing product and infrastructure.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Frontend/Full-Stack development
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
- Experience building product/services end-to-end from technical design, implementation, testing to delivery
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience with test driven development, familiar with A/B testing, incremental delivery and deployment.
- iOS or Android development experience is a plus
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.