Engineering Manager, Airbnb for Work/Olympics
San Francisco, United States
What is the Airbnb for Work/Homes Olympics Team?
Homes is Airbnb’s core business and has expanded from one marketplace to multiple categories including Airbnb for Work, Hotels, Core Hosts, Professional Hosts, Plus, China, and Lux. There are more verticals to come as our business continues to grow rapidly. Airbnb for Work is responsible for growing business travel on Airbnb. With the partnership between Airbnb and the Olympics, the team is now focusing on supporting the International Olympics Committee (IOC), its subsidiaries, and athletes. These users mimic the use cases of the work travelers and organizations. We will build products to help enable the Olympic games for the next 10 years and launch organizations along the way to help grow our main business lines. We operate at all levels of the stack: frontend, backend, data, and mobile.
Example Projects include:
- Tailored onboarding experience for the business traveler/athlete
- Policy to allow organizations to set rules around how employees can book on Airbnb
- Tailored experience to help travelers book within policy
What does being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb look like:
Being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb allows you bring a diverse set of skills all into focus to help us drive growth and impact across the world. You will necessarily have a technical background but are now responsible for important product and infrastructure surface areas to move forward. At a high level, that means a high interaction rate with your cross-functional peers (product, design, data science, research, and more) to develop strategy, long-term goals, and execution plans to get there. Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for making sure the engineering team is delivering while adapting to all the changes that come along as projects go forward. In addition, you’ll be responsible for the career growth of your overall team internally at Airbnb - everything from 1:1’s to career progression plans and whole team career forecasts. You’ll be intimately involved in recruiting and working both with our internal recruiting team, our M&A team, as well as investing in growing your team directly. You’ll make sure the quality of the engineering efforts are always exceptional by setting up the correct processes and quality control checks for the team to execute within and you’ll identify new technologies and skill sets to bring into the team to keep the team moving forward on new challenges.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building and leading platforms or products is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...