Engineering Manager, Reservations
San Francisco, United States
What is the Reservations team at Airbnb?
Lead and build the Home Reservations team to re-architect the essential and complex Reservation technology stack and deliver an amazing reservation management Host product experience.
The Reservations team vision is to make hospitality easy for our hosts by delivering world-class platforms, services, and product experience. The team builds and manages multiple parts of the Reservation technology stack from the front-end product pages all the way through our business logic and data storage services. Reservations is absolutely crucial to the business and our systems interact with other key Airbnb systems, on availability, pricing, payments, and the Guest flow.
What does being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb look like:
Being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb allows you bring a diverse set of skills all into focus to help us drive growth and impact across the world. You will necessarily have a technical background but are now responsible for important product and infrastructure surface areas to move forward. At a high level, that means a high interaction rate with your cross-functional peers (product, design, data science, research, and more) to develop strategy, long-term goals, and execution plans to get there. Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for making sure the engineering team is delivering while adapting to all the changes that come along as projects go forward. In addition, you’ll be responsible for the career growth of your overall team internally at Airbnb - everything from 1:1’s to career progression plans and whole team career forecasts.
- Recruit and retain strong talent
- Build the vision and roadmap for the Reservations team
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design and deliver medium-term and long-term visions for the Reservation platform (frontend, backend, data models etc). Align with stakeholders across the company, such as Marketplace Dynamics, Guest, and Hosting supply teams.
- Work with cross-functional partners and set up the team to successfully deliver our revamped Host reservation management experience
- Drive data-informed strategy to improve how our product experience solves Host problems
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building and leading platforms or products is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.