Senior Android Software Engineer, Host Quality
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Homes and Host Quality at Airbnb
Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up.
Having high quality homes and hosts is what sets Airbnb apart. The Host Quality team partners with hosts to ensure guest stays meet and exceed expectations. We are responsible for collecting feedback and creating useful and actionable information for hosts. The team is challenged to balance an easy and seamless host experience while maintaining a high amount of integrity.
About the Role
We are looking for Android engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the hosting journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our host community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android
- Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for mobile best practices
Some native projects on Host Quality teams:
- A photo capture experience to help hosts share information and evidence about their listings
- Changes to Airbnb’s guest review flow to collect richer information
- Native foundation modernization through platform compliance upgrade, performance and observability improvement
- Researching new technology that can increase the integrity of the host data being collected (using AR or videos, for example).
- Strong knowledge of Java and Android platform
- Experience building Android applications. Understanding best practice in Android including performance optimization, application life cycle, UI layouts and styles, and software architecture pattern (e.g. mvvm)
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Nice to have: experience with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Espresso, and JUnit
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...