Staff Frontend Software Engineer, Guest Store
San Francisco, United States
What is the Search Product team at Airbnb?
The Guest Store Search Product Team is responsible for a guest’s experience from landing to search on Airbnb. We are here to make the beginning of a guest’s adventure delightful and help them find what they need effortlessly.
We work closely with product, design, data science, research, creative, and marketing partners to deliver features and experiences used by millions of people. Besides that, we work with many engineering teams on systems that enable engineers to develop more efficiently, improvements that make the product more performant, and architecture that’s scalable and robust.
What does this role look like?
As the front-end tech lead of this group, you will have opportunities to:
- Own the front end experience for some of the most critical guest-facing features on Airbnb
- Collaborate with product partners to understand product vision and influence product strategy.
- Work with other technical leaders to translate an abstract product vision into a concrete yet pragmatic technical roadmap.
- Serve as the leader for key product initiatives that span multiple teams and require significant collaboration.
- Effectively advise senior stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Proactively communicate technical platform constraints to platform teams and help define the technical vision for relevant systems.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design, prototype, and deliver high quality products that are impactful to the Airbnb guest community
- Build a long term technology stack with well-defined APIs that is service-oriented, modular, and performant
- Diagnose and resolve inefficiencies in the engineering process, assess and drive new technologies' adoption to power feature development.
- Mentor other senior engineers in the organization.
We value candidates who:
- Have 6+ years of engineering experience.
- Have experience with driving large scale, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Have experience with designing and building large scale production systems or features.
- Can effectively create alignment with many stakeholders and operate well in ambiguity.
- Can demonstrate empathy for consumers and an in-depth understanding of user-facing feature development.
- Have good product sense and interest in contributing to product solutions with cross-functional partners.
- Are proficient with web frontend technology (React, TypeScript, CSS-in-JS, etc), experienced with performance and CDN caching strategies.
- Have expertise in API design and GraphQL.
- Are familiar with Server Driven UI architecture.
- Are willing to embrace challenges and changes with a positive attitude.
- Can effectively manage stakeholders' expectations on scope and feasibility.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…