Claims and Safety Specialist
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About the team
We are looking for talented, experienced and bilingual full-time Claims and safety professionals to join our crisis response team and help us provide exceptional customer support. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and have 1-3 years of applicable experience, preferably in property damage, liability claims and/or catastrophic and fatality; and/or third party adjuster management, ecommerce and/or conflict resolution and/or personal safety related, customer service experience is also preferable.
Claims and safety specialists are broadly accountable for the following activities and responsibilities:
Primary Function: The core work of Claims and Safety specialists is to provide immediate community support for host and guests reporting complex damage, serious injuries or personal harm and work with insurance companies and internal stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Identifying possible risks and/or liaising with other departments to de-escalate active threads. This process will require excellent negotiation skills and also involve stakeholder relationships and research.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, personal safety or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Mastering knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in claims verification and fraud detection.
- Ability to summarize incidents, collaborate across various support teams and keep stakeholders informed.
- Working with lead and insurance companies to develop and enhance internal policies, process and tools.
- Effectively collaborating with and monitor insurance company and third party claims adjusters.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
Secondary Function: Specialists can also be dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a content advisor, and support function on the execution of Change Management initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor for impact initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/subject matter expert for new hires.
- Attending functional business reviews as required
- Attending large loss case reviews as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Language proficiency in Mandarin and English.
- Be an advocate of high quality standards, innovation, resolution conflict and customer experience excellence.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service, claims and dispute resolution, Insurance claims (damage, liability, and fatalities) conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and/or third party providers to resolve complex disputes in a detailed, effective and timely manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Working with leadership to develop and enhance internal policies, processes and tools.
- Being able to adapt different work schedules, including evening shift, weekend shift and working on public holidays.
我们正在寻找有才华，经验丰富且会说中英文双语的全职索赔和安全专业人员加入我们的危机响应团队帮助我们提供卓越的客户支持。合适的候选人将是一个以争端解决为导向的人，他将公平，公正地对待客户，但也要确保索偿是合法和合理的。他们必须对创新充满热情，并具有1-3年的相关经验，最好是在财产损失, 责任索赔和/或灾难性和致命性方面；和/或第三方公估人管理, 电子商务和/或冲突解决和/或人身安全相关, 有客户服务经验者优先。