Connections and Media Activation Manager, EMEA
London, United Kingdom
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Airbnb’s Marketing organization are storytellers, creators and relentless community champions, responsible for sharing the Airbnb love around the world by creating magical, memorable, shareable experiences that inspire and grow our community.
As a Connections and Media Activation Manager, EMEA you will act as strategic partner to Marketing Managers in UK, France, Germany etc, to design, manage, plan and execute local campaigns to maximize the efficiency of Airbnb’s media budgets while working towards the campaign's strategic objectives.
You will work closely with the regional Connection & Media Activation Leads, regional agency teams, Data Science, Consumer Insights, Brand Marketing, and Content teams, to design innovative, effective and locally relevant campaigns to drive awareness and consideration of Airbnb in region. Success in this role means driving strategic and operational media excellence, and maximizing the value of our media investments to optimize reach, engagement, and impact for the Airbnb brand.
- Drive strategic excellence across Airbnb campaigns run in UK, Germany, France, (+ other EMEA markets when applicable), from development of communication strategy through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include integrated coms planning, media mix development, media planning, performance measurement, budget management, online tracking, buy evaluation, optimization and completion of AARs / post-campaign reports.
- Collaborate with regional media leads to manage media agencies.
- Operationalise media and digital processes and templates, within the context of evolving team structure and global measurement framework.
- Work with media colleagues in North America and APAC, and with cross-functional teams based in HQ to ensure cohesive regional media strategies focused around global creative platforms and go-to-market approaches. Emphasis on optimizing for media efficiency, creative execution, local relevance and campaign objectives.
- Foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration by working effectively with Creative + Content, Finance, Performance Marketing, Local Operations and Communications.
- Develop media measurement framework in collaboration with key stakeholders including Marketing and Data Science.
- Drive in-region communication to ensure campaign execution and performance information is passed to the right stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of new media trends and emerging channels in EMEA and globally. Identify and prioritize innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging media in the most surprising and provocative ways. Facilitate best practice sharing across markets.
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 10+ years' experience at a media agency or digital agency, or as a media/digital specialist within a marketing team —preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- Good knowledge of all media channels, on and offline. Proven track record in integrated campaign planning including digital media planning.
- Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Experience in managing advertising media programs across multiple EMEA countries is desirable.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly when working in high growth business.
- An integrated marketing mindset and excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid and owned channels.
- Experience in using consumer focused, data driven insights to drive strategic media recommendations.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work as part of a global team, collaborating with resources, goals, etc. across multiple geographies.