Reliability Engineer, Data Infrastructure
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we work every day to make the entire engineering organization more productive. We’re infrastructure engineers with a human focus: customer-centric, quality driven, helpful and empathetic.
The team has worked on various technologies to empower large scale data processing from message-bus (Kafka), workflow scheduling (Airflow), capacity management (Hadoop/Yarn), data lake storage (S3/Glacier). You’ll work alongside a team of talented software developers that work to operate the big data infrastructure for Airbnb engineers.
As a data reliability engineer, you will bring a unique skill set and experience to our organization, and work to up-level the reliability of infrastructure. Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Have hands-on operation and admin experiences on big data technology, e.g: Hadoop / Yarn / EMR, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Spark, Presto, Druid
- Build reliability tooling to enhance the infrastructure reliability
What you could be working on:
- Implement a comprehensive monitoring, alerting and operation strategy on the E2E data ecosystem
- Operate large scale clusters: EMR/Yarn/Hadoop, Kafka, Airflow, Presto
- Build run-book to streamline operations
- Develop tools to further up-level the data infra reliability and ease the operations
- Work with business and platform teams and build data infrastructure solutions to support various use cases
- Evaluate cutting edge technologies in the industry and bring those to suit Airbnb needs
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status