San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is seeking a business-oriented attorney with experience in global privacy laws to join our growing legal team.
Based in San Francisco, you will be responsible for providing support and advice to Airbnb’s global product and business teams. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and poise.
- Provide focused and pragmatic advice on the implementation and impact of global privacy laws to product and business teams.
- Serve as an SME on privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default reviews, privacy impact assessments, and data protection impact assessments.
- Support security incident response team in the evaluation of, and response to, potential data breaches.
- Drive compliance strategies for U.S. and international data privacy and personal information collection rules, regulations and standards, including the GDPR.
- JD and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments. In-house experience at a multinational, consumer-facing technology company is strongly preferred.
- Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel.
- Strong experience with global privacy laws relevant to consumer facing technology companies.
- CIPP/US or CIPP/E, or ability and willingness to achieve one or both within six months.
- A strong working knowledge of the Airbnb platform, evolving product lines, and competitive landscape.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments and risk tolerance.
- Experience working with international teams (EMEA, LATAM and APAC).
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, sense of humor, and willingness to grow.