Product Lead, Defense Platform
San Francisco, United States
Product Lead, Defense Platform
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
On any given night, 2 million people stay in homes on Airbnb in 100,000 cities all over the world. There are more than 6 million listings in 191 countries to choose from —that’s more than the top five hotel chains combined.
What makes all of that possible? Trust.
Creating a world where anyone can truly belong requires a foundation of trust grounded in consistent expectations of host and guest behavior. The Trust team is responsible for defining our policies and standards, ensuring enforcement through communication, workflows and tools, and taking actions when users violate our policies and community standards.
Our team consists of engineers, data scientists, designers, policy experts and product managers that work with stakeholders across the company to ensure we have the right policies, feedback loops, and enforcement frictions and tools.
About the Defense Platform Team
Within Trust, you will lead the Defense Platform team that spans three pillars: (1) Trust Tools, used by our global Trust operations team, (2) a Policy Platform and (3) our Machine Learning “foundational models” platform that will powers the online and offline defenses we develop to keep our community of hosts, guests, and communities safe. Key stakeholders for the Defense Platform team includes other Product Managers and Engineering teams within Trust, across Identity, Fraud & Abuse, Safety and Crisis teams.
The Defense Platform team will be successful if we build a robust ecosystem of models to detect risk, defenses to deter risky actors and bookings, and have a tooling platform that enables us to scale our Global Trust operations and Policy Enforcement, while building a robust feedback loop into our modeling platform. A key part of this role will be looking across teams to connect dots, signals, and align roadmaps so that the team’s have a unified vision and the work of one team strengthens other defenses on our platform.
As the Product lead for the Defense Platform team you will manage a team of PMs and help drive alignment across your team, within Trust, and with key partners in Homes, Payments, Guest Store, and Community support.
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Managers.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your product area.
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years experience in a management role with direct reports
- Compassionate people leader with a vision who inspires those around to bring the best version of themselves
- Proven track record of translating customer needs into product features and solutions, delivering delightful and frictionless customer experiences that deliver business results and proven track record of product management experience, preferably in an marketplace environment
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, from individual and team-level, up to C-suite.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Ability to orchestrate across teams, both yours and others’, to build and execute complex business plans and strategies
- Experience in operating in global environments across cultures, locations, and time zones
- Highly analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions while balancing the right approach for our community
- Familiarity with data science, analytics and machine learning concepts
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership with an ability to lead and influence teams
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.