Claims Specialist (Mandarin fluency)
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for talented, experienced and multilingual full-time Claims professionals to join our Claims team and help us to provide exceptional customer support. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and have 1 to 3+ years of applicable experience, preferably in property damage liability and/or catastrophic and fatality; and/or dispute resolution, third party adjuster management e-commerce and conflict resolution.
The core work of Claims specialists is to provide excellent community support for hosts and guests seeking assistance from Airbnb Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance, Experience Protection insurance. Property Security specialists are broadly accountable for the following activities and responsibilities:
- Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, outbound calls and case work.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Compiling incident reports at the direction of leadership;
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of claims, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Crafting clear and concise resolution plans in order to drive fair and accurate outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with and monitor third party claims administrators.
- Mastering knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in claims verification, payment processing, dispute resolution and fraud detection.
- Determining compensation and validity of the claims, identifying possible claim risks and/or liaising with other departments to de-escalate active threads. This process will require excellent negotiation skills and might involve stakeholder relationships and research.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
Secondary Function: dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor for change initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/SME for new hires and partners
- Work closely with the Product Team as a Subject Matter Expert to test, refine, ideate, and deploy new internal products.
- Attending functional business reviews as required
- Language proficiency in English and Mandarin language, as this role will also serve the China market.
- Be an advocate of high quality standards, innovation, resolution conflict and customer experience excellence.
- 1-3 years of experience in claims and dispute resolution, Insurance claims) conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (email) and spoken (phone), to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and/or third party providers to resolve complex disputes in a detailed, effective and timely manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Working with leadership to develop and enhance internal policies, processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Additional insurance investigation or program management experience are a plus.
- Experience handling insurance claims, especially in the field of first party property or liability claims
- Understanding of ‘Third Party Administrators/Adjusters’ concepts is a plus
- Media training or brand-risk management
- Experience with Partner or Vendor relationships