Principal, Business Finance & Analytics, Guest Store
San Francisco, United States
The Principal, Finance & Analytics, Guest Store role will report to the Director of Marketing & Guest Store Finance. This team is responsible for understanding the end to end customer funnel from building awareness to driving retention. We partner with the business on growth, strategic planning, and performance measurement on a day-to-day basis. Our role is to provide data-driven actionable insights to facilitate product innovation and investment decisions.
As we expand our business, we continue to look for the best and brightest to evolve our guest and host experience. As a thought leader on our team, you will be responsible for partnering with the Guest Store organization to build a strong measurement & reporting operating rhythm. This team is at the forefront of building the storefront to community-powered travel while making it fun to plan, and easy to book on Airbnb. They embrace a test-and-learn culture to drive product innovation. This is a unique opportunity to partner on building the roadmaps for best-in-class consumer journeys based on cutting-edge experimentation. We seek versatile thinkers who can structure and analyze a variety of business problems. We also value those who can lead cross-functional projects from ideation to strategy and implementation.
- Build the Guest Store measurement & reporting framework; Establish a tiered KPI framework and monitor performance across relevant dimensions
- Lead business reviews at a weekly and monthly cadence to drive strategic shifts based on latest data
- Conduct deep dives into business trends and drivers of variance. Independently lead data extraction, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Partner with engineering teams to establish experiment success metrics and targets; Build models to define the impact to bottom line metrics
- Partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to drive data instrumentation, validation, and alignment efforts across multiple teams
- Manage the OKR process for the Guest Store, establishing baselines and clear goals across key initiatives; Track progress
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand drivers of customer conversion and connect the dots between product launches and impact on financial metrics
- Identify step-change opportunities: Partner with operating teams to identify areas of outsized impact through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research, taking an objective view. Elevate, champion, and drive these opportunities
- Lead through influencing: Build consensus across cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes, including: Product, Data Science, Research, Marketing and Eng
Requirements & Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant business and product analytics experience. Ideally you have a mix of financial planning, management consulting, and onsite analytics experience
- Strong SQL, financial analysis and excel modeling skills
- Familiarity with conversion funnels, user journey analysis, and a/b testing a plus
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are proactive, effective at communicating with different audiences, and can bring different stakeholders on-board. You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information. You enjoy absorbing large amounts of data and qualitative insights and can quickly develop a strong narrative that leads to recommendations and builds our understanding of the business
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.