Associate Principal, Business Finance & Analytics, GSO
Please submit your resume in English & in French.
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 192 countries.
As Airbnb continues to evolve our business, we are always looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. To this end, the Finance team is looking for an experienced professional to support our Global Sales and Operations team, including our Luxe business as well as support for central GSO strategy & analytics projects. More about Lux: Lux offers a selection of pristine, expertly designed homes with high-end amenities, services, and dedicated trip designers. We give our guests time for what’s important by crafting seamless experiences in the world’s most memorable places, powered by human expertise and hospitality.
The Associate Principal will partner with the Head of Luxe, the Head of Guest Services, and other GSO leadership to deliver against our mandate of short and long term strategic planning, decision analytics, budgeting, forecasting, and overall P&L management. The ideal candidate relishes the opportunity to roll-up their sleeves to drive meaningful impact, and is a self-starter that is comfortable embracing the adventure of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver thought leadership and strategic insights through hands-on analysis of key operational booking and sales data, and create actionable recommendations for multiple stakeholders across the portfolio development team, including leadership, market managers, market coordinators, and strategy managers
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytical frameworks to support our key processes and decision-making cadences such as annual strategic planning and long-range planning
- Partner with the business in driving performance management, including development and maintenance of portfolio development KPIs, creating goals/OKRs and measuring performance
- Identify opportunities for growth through analysis of individual market and host performance
- Develop a deep understanding of what levers drive growth and efficiency for our business and translating that into tangible improvements in our unit economics
- Identify step-change opportunities through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research
- 6+ years of relevant experience. Ideally you have a technical background in business operations, analytics/DS, management consulting, investment banking, or strategic finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, engineering, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Strong knowledge of SQL or some other querying language is a must
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information. You can comfortably manipulate large datasets, create new analytical frameworks, and synthesize actionable insights and strategic narratives appropriate for an executive audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to put together clear, insightful recommendations for peers, managers and senior management
- You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment and excel at building business relationships
- You’re someone who possesses grit and finds creative ways to get the job done. You bring high energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment while balancing multiple projects
- Willingness to attend the occasional early morning or late evening meeting as part of working for a globally-based team
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau or other sales and business intelligence tools is a plus
- Experience with Workday and Anaplan is a plus
- Experience with travel and hospitality metrics is a plus