Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Search Ranking (China SF)
San Francisco, United States
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About this Position
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to work on search ranking and recommendation algorithms for Airbnb China, providing our guests and hosts an intelligent product and building a healthy marketplace that grows sustainably. This role would work on all parts of the ML stack from analyzing search data to building models, running controlled experiments, writing data pipelines, building ranking related infrastructures, and implementing online services.
We are looking for engineers with:
- 4+ years of industry experience or a PhD with 2+ years industry experience in applied machine learning in similar problems e.g. ranking, recommendation, ads etc.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Mastery in a single programming language like Java, Scala, Python or other equivalent languages is a must.
- Experiences with distributed data processing tools like Hive, Spark, Airflow, and popular ML frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch is preferred.
- Strong understanding of neural network/deep learning, and feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms. Proven ability to dig deep into practical problems and choose the right ML method to solve them.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...